Tuesday 27 October 2009

50th Birthday

A5

I guess this card is self explanitary :-) and was request from my daughter who suppled the photo which was taken when the two families were on holiday at the beginning of September.
The birthday 'boy' doesn't know it yet, but he will be celebrating his big five-oh at our daughter and son-in-law's house on Saturday. He just expects a Halloween fancy dress do, so I hope is is suitable surprised.



I found it a right job to do the background...I wish the CB was A5 size :-/ because I don't do very many 'small' cards.
As you can see, I used the Birthday and the Swiss Dots embossing folders and joined them together with a MS border punched strip.

I quite enjoy the challenge of making up a funny caption although I usually think of something better after I've finished the card.

Thanks for being here and hope to see you again soon.

x

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

I think this is just fabulous Irene! I'm going to employ you to do all the bits I can't do ie. joining CB strips together, thinking up amusing sentiments etc. There's loads more, so you'll be kept very busy my friend!

Anonymous said...

Great cards Irene, I love them all but especially love the two christmas cards. Victorian christmas was the first JS CD I bought and anyone wanting it would have to fight me for it!

I'm starting a new fortnightly challenge on 6th november, I hope you'll be able to join us - details are on my blog :)

Ann x

Sandra Wright. said...

Irene,this card is just brilliant.You are so clever.
Hugs
Sandie xx