Wednesday 21 October 2009

14th birthday

A5

Just a quick post with this 14th birthday card...the request was for pink and sparkly.
It took longer than I expected cos, apart from cutting it out, it was a bit fiddly fixing the no: 14 to the back of the card and lining up the greeting inside so it didn't show from the front.



I have left the inside really plain.




I don't know where I got this image from...I found it in my bit box...and the paper is some left-overs in one of my files.

I couldn't help adding a flower to this sweet little girl's hat and some ribbon.


Paperplay Challenge
this week is to use favourite embellishments and flowers, ribbon and sparkle are mine :-)

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge wants us to dig deep and use an old stamp or image.

You wouldn't want to see the mess I have now got to clear up....I am such a messy old so and so :-/

Thank you for looking...I do hope you can leave a comment so i know you've stopped by.

x

9 comments:

Beryl K said...

This is perfect for a 14 year old, and I love the pink and sparkly. Great card
Beryl x

Anonymous said...

Any 14yr old will love this, it is gorgeous, can see why it took you a long time...
Hugs Angel

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Irene this is stunning the 14 yr old will fall in love with this no problem...awesome work.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC Challenge!
Helen x

Chrissie said...

This is just gorgeous Irene and definitely fits the criteria of pink and sparkly lol!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Teresa Kline said...

fabulous and creative card, great work...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards since my last visit Irene - I love the new avatar too by the way.
Ann x

Julie M said...

Excellent card, Irene. It was worth all the work - she will love it.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie