Wednesday 12 August 2009

A Lilac Birthday!

A5

I made this with three challenges in mind :-) and I may give it to my DIL for her birthday later in the month., but I guess I'll most likely make her another one before then.

Challenges

Cute Daisy May - Fantasy Floral

Bee Crafty - Adding Colour to Images

A Spoonful of Sugar - The sketch



I have used Daisy May images a few times before but this is the first time I have made a card that qualifies for a Daisy May Challenge.
This is such a gorgeous image, I fell in love with her right away. She is from sheet 50, but I see she is also on sheet 63 and now wish I'd bought that one instead.



I have not mastered colouring 'blonde hair' yet :-( so once again is a light brown coiffed young lady.



The circle is a small doily, lightly sponged with a Wisteria ColorBox chalk inkpad.
I made a few different flowers and ended up only using one of them in this little arrangement.
I used up some papers that I had left over from previous cards (trying to be thrifty!) and I couldn't help using the lovely MS border punch I got from Joanna Sheen recently. I just HAD to buy one as I keep trying to win one when they have generously been offered as blog candy and failed miserably, along with a few thousand others, lol.



Image - Cute Daisy May
Floral Paper - NRJ's La Belle Provence from Scrap Artist

Thank you for stopping by and hope you'll pop in again soon :-)


x

14 comments:

Bee said...

Beautiful work! Really pretty card, love the soft 'vintage' effect through your clever use of materials and techniques. Great use of colour thoughout and on the image. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty challenge :)
- Bee Crafty

Anonymous said...

You've done a lovely job with this Irene and at least with the one you colour yourself you can have it any colour you want. Gorgeous card and I'm so pleased that you were able to join us for your first CDM challenge
Ann x

coldwaters2 said...

This is quite stunning Irene I love it to bits the image is gorgeous and I adore your colours and design awesome.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Beryl K said...

This is just gorgeous Irene
Beryl x

Sue said...

stunning card and beautiful colouring:)

thanks for joining us at bee crafty:)

sue
xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful, wonderful colours and fab image.
luv
Debby

Michele Spera said...

Oh very lovely card!! I especially like the colors you picked and the flowers added in the corner:-)
really nice job and I love her hair color!!
XMichele speraX

Unknown said...

What a pretty card! I love your coloring! Thanks for playing at Bee Crafty!

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card Irene!
Thanks for joining us at Cute Daisy May!
Love Becky xx

Linda . J said...

Such a beautiful card Irene, love the gorgeous designs and detail!
Thank you for joining us over at Cute Daisy May.
Hugs Linda

Lora said...

This is gorgeous. Love the colurs you used and all the detail. very pretty.
thanks for joining us at CDM this week.
Lora x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

The hair looks great, so does the whole card, thanks for joinig daisy may. janex

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining the CDM Challenge.

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Hi Irene! :)
Your card is beautiful and the detail is gorgeous x
Thanks for joining in at CDM this week...hope to see you again x