Sunday 9 August 2009

18th Card

My daughter asked for a card for her friends son's 18th birthday next weekend. The family moved to Spain six or seven years ago so I hope she gets it in the post tomorrow cos I don't know how long the mail takes to get there.

I used the sketch from Truly Scrumptious Challenge 13 as I am in need of a bit and a half of inspiration.




I changed the circle for a star and really had to get my thinking cap on choosing the BP's. The image and circles are fixed with foam tape/pads.



You may recognise the image as Charlie from Whiff of Joy. I am sad to say I do not own this stamp :-(
I borrowed it from a crafty friend and stamped myself a few. Cheers m' dear, if you look in and see this handsome chap. I've coloured him with copics - not a very good effort unfortunately, but, hey! you get to see it warts n all, lol.
Whoops, sorry Charlie, I didn't mean that you have warts, rofl!!



Thanks for visiting and have a good day :-)

x

4 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Irene you should be so pleased with this creation I love it and the colouring is fabby, it is brilliant for an 18th card and I think your inspiration is doing just fine....warts and all...lol.

Big hugs
Lorraine x

Sharon said...

What a fantastic card for an 18th birthday, your colouring looks great! Thanks for joining us at TS.

Beth said...

Fabulous card! I love the big star and your colouring is fantastic! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge

Beth xx

Beryl K said...

Brilliant card Irene, just right for a young man's 18th. There is nothing wrong with your colouring, it's perfect
Beryl x