Thursday 20 August 2009

Get Well

A request from my daughter for her friend. She went into hospital on Tuesday, had a full hysterectomy on Wednesday and was back home by 9pm that evening.
Personally I think it was much too soon but then again she is probably better off at home. You never know what infections she might pick up in there!

I have based this on Carol's Sketch. For some unknown reason I couldn't get a pic of it.

The challenge at Charisma Cardz is Lemon, Green and pink.
A lovely combination :-)

The theme at The Pink Elephant is Summer and this is quite summery. Well, Frillie Millie has a flower in her hand, so I hope it qualifies :-)




Isn't this Frilly Milly from Pink Petticoat lovely.
I used some of the free paper the September issue of the Making Cards mag that arrived this morning.



I won't be late going up the wooden hill tonight. I rarely get to bed the same day I get up, but I've got the pleasure of entertaining grandson tomorrow and a mobile hairdresser is coming to give me a haircut. She does my friend across the road and this is my first appointment with her. Whatever she does to me will be an improvement as I've been DIYing for nearly a year, lol.

Thanks for stopping by :-)

x

9 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Irene, sorry you couldn't snag the pic of the sketch...not sure why?
Your card is gorgeous the colours are lovely together and the image is perfect, i'm sure it will cheer your daughter's friend to a speedy recovery!
I can totally relate to your comment about getting to bed the same day you got up Ha...me too!!!
Thanks for joining my challenge this time with such a fab card :)

Hugs
Carol x

Chrissie said...

Just loved this one Irene!
The image looks superb and is just perfect for this card, love the colours and LO on this card too. Mmmm may have to take a peek at this sketch!

Allison said...

lovely take on Carol's sketch
AllisonX

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, such a fab image!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week & all the best

Jan x

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card Irene, love the colours and filly Milly is just too cute.
Beryl x

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card!! Love the colors. Thanks for playing with us at TPE this week!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

If this doesn't make your daughter's friend feel better, nothing will! Although I agree with you about the speed she's been discharged - a bit quick to my way of thinking.
Ann x

Annie said...

oh this is just lovely - I love the image and what you have achieved using it.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card irene :-) I love this Milly ,,, so cute ! :-) I love her hair,, :-) Am sure your daughter's friend loved this card ,,, fab !

Luv
Lols x x