Monday 27 April 2009

Friday Sketchers - 49, and Son's birthday

I used this weeks lovely sketch from Friday Sketchers to make my son's birthday card.
I am afraid I didn't do the sketch justice and am not really happy with the outcome.
My excuse is that I had to make 3 cards in a hurry last night. His birthday is today.
I feel a naughty Mum for not making more of an effort this year. But then, he won't inspect it very closely.
It'll be 'Thanks Mum' and give me a kiss and be more interested in his present, I hope!!!





He is a mad keen fisherman and I had already coloured this image and I worked around that. My dear blogging friend Chrissie (one very talented lady) kindly sent me some stamped images a while ago this being one of them. Thank you once again Chrissie :-)

A closer look at the net of fishes. Probably more than he caught on Saturday :-)



Got a funeral to go to this morning, so must dash.

Thank you for the lovely comments my friends. I have had a lot on lately and have neglected my fave pastime, visiting your fantastic blogs.
I hope to get back to doing so soon :-)

x

7 comments:

Chrissie said...

A fabulous card Irene, don't know why you're not happy with it,it looks perfect for your son to me.
You've made a brilliant job of colouring that cute image too.

Sandra Wright. said...

Brilliant card Irene,love those fish. Your son will be thrilled.
Hugs Sandie x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Iene
Ann x

coldwaters2 said...

Its a great card Irene love the image and the fish at the top.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Murielle said...

Your card is marvelous!!!
I love your composition, the details and colours are wonderful.
You have beautifully interpreted my sketch.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Hugs, Mumur

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Irene, I think the card is lovely. I especially like the hoard of fish - certainly more than a lot of fishing men or women or children bring home!!! Best wishes, Kym xxx

Tasha said...

Wow love this card love the detail of the catch - looks awesome
love tasha xx