Sunday 19 April 2009

40th card - No: 2

A5 landscape

The birthday girl had a great party last night although I haven't heard how she is feeling today :-)
I used one of the large petals from a Gerbera flower from Dunelm which are usually too big for cards. Adding the greeting cut with a round nestie to the centre filled it up. Sometimes I fold the large flowers but had this idea to give a different look.



After the pic was taken I decided to add some Glamour Dust to the edge of the sentiment circle. The no:40 was cut on the CB and then put through the swiss dots folder. Afterwards I wish I'd left it plain.

I had to make three cards and the third was a card I had made for a challenge.

Thank you for your visit and any comments you care to leave are always appreciated.


x

5 comments:

Eunice said...

Experimentation is what crafting is all about .I like this card.It gives me the idea of trying different ways with various toppers

coldwaters2 said...

This is lovely Irene love how you have used the flower great idea also love the layout and colours you have used.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene

both card fab - BUT this is my FAV - stunning Irene, but then your crds always are

L x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Irene
Ann x

Tasha said...

Oh i love this card - i like the big flower and the colours are fabulous
love tasha xx