Monday 5 January 2009

60th Birthday Card

8inch square

I've made this for a friend's 60th birthday on Friday and I am quite pleased how it turned out.



The papers are Spring Romantic from Daisie and Loreta Labarca Nearly White and inked all edges with Wisteria ColorBox fluid chalk inkpad. The no: 60 and my favourite die of the moment, the flourish, were cut on my CB. I cut the leaves from a piece of green paper and 'painted' them with G99 copic. Finished with a large eggplant coloured FD (how generous!) from Joanna Sheen, pearls, lace, bling and a pinky lilac organza ribbon.

The box



A wrap made from silver mirri type card following Suzanne's tutorial Thanks Suzanne!!
Computer generated greeting, inked edges in the Wisteria. Another flourish, this time in the same silver 'mirri', AND another, though smaller FD. Think I need to lie down!! A couple of leaves and tied with the same ribbon as on the card.
I have added a little 'shelf' at the bottom of the back of the wrap so the card won't fall through. I felt quite chuffed with myself for thinking of this, lol.
Tis a shame I couldn't get a better pic of this, but you know how difficult it is to take a photo of mirri card.

Thank you for looking in today. Your comments are greatly appreciated

x

6 comments:

Chrissie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Irene! I'd be thrilled to receive something like this and the wrap looks fabulous too.

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely stunning Irene - the wrap is just the icing on the cake
Ann x

Beryl K said...

Oh Irene, that is absolutely stunning, your friend will love it.
Beryl x

Suzanne said...

Wow Stunning card and just love how you have finished the wrap - they do make it an extra special gift to give someone
Thanks for sharing your wonderful work
Suzanne

Jane's Blogs said...

Wow ... Beautiful and delicate. Excellent.

Jane xx (aka BJZoe on JS Forum)

Wheezie said...

Wow, absolutely stunning
x Wheezie x