Saturday 20 November 2010

November Birthday - Update

*******************

This is something a bit different for me and I think it turned out well. I have used 3 different stamps on this, must be a record....for me.... lol.
The music is a Penny Black stamp, another is part of a large Docrafts stamp from the bargain bin at Colemans,  and the blue corner stamp from one of those small stamp collections.



I created the November calendar page in PPx2 and printed it on to BP.....I have done one for December too.....tore round the edges, sponged with chalk ink pad and highlighted the date of the birthday. I thought this was a nice touch :-)


Edit: Oooops, I have just noticed that I left in the 31 copied from the Dec calendar - everyone knows there are 30 days in November, lol. I will change it ASAP

Take 2 - mistake rectified!! I had to do the whole lot again as I had merged all  the layers on the first attempt and couldn't undo. Anyway, I think this one is much neater



Greeting printed and then cut with Nestie label and sponged with chalk ink pad. I cut 3 circles with my 1/4" hole punch, coloured them with the same ink pad, and shaped them to look like brads, then coated them with clear gloss finish. I had to add a bit of raffia


Colour Create challenge #58  - Inspiration pic - Robin Egg Blue, Sea Foam Green and Cream
Daring Cardmakers - We three........3 stamps, 3 'brads'
Hodge Podge Shop #4 - Anything Goes


Thank you for stopping by....
Cheers me dears :-)

x

7 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Irene love that background stamp it looks very subtle, I also love that calender stamp the colours are one of my favourites.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Beryl said...

A lovely creation Irene. The text on the greeting is lovely and the calender idea is brilliant. Someone's going to be delighted with this one.
Beryl xx

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, so elegant!

Lovely to see your work at Daring Cardmakers! Thanks for joining us!

Sweet greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

Kathy said...

This looks lovely, Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers' challenge this week

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow thi is great, love the images and the idea, thanks for joining us at colour create, hugs Liz xx

Janiel/ janny said...

Beautiful!!! Thank you for joining us at Colour Create.
hugs, Janiel

Jessica L said...

What a lovely card! I love the vintage look of this one! Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week at The Hodge Podge Shop! Hope you join us again soon. BTW, I have candy on my blog if you're interested!