Tuesday 4 March 2014

Butterfly 50th

*************

Apologies if anyone thinks this is inappropriate but I've had news from Macmillan Cancer Support that I'd like to share.
When I arranged hubby's funeral in December, I asked for donations to the Macmillan nurses instead of flowers - had just one large floral tribute from me and the kids. Even though it was too late for  hubby to benefit from their care I know they would have been a great support.
Well, the news is that £510 was donated........isn't that great :)

Oh, and Happy Birthday to me!!! 

*****

This is made for DIL for her colleague at work.and also to join in  Brenda's 5th blogerversary celebration Well done Brenda :) and thanks for  sharing all your lovely creations with us.

I had something quite different in mind involving gold embossing when I started this card. Well!! that failed so I went and played safe with some pretty paper and butterflies - again - this die is a big favourite of mine :)


Edges inked with vintage photo DI, a little handmade flower and some string



Challenges I'd like to enter
Crafty Catz #220 - anything goes
Papertake - anything goes + optional handmade flower




Thank you for stopping by today :)
Cheers me dears


x

4 comments:

brenda said...

It is nice to know that so many people donated so kindly Irene. They helped care for my cousin last year, he was only 34 but they provide such wonderful support to his family.

I a so pleased to see you joining in my blog celebration and with such a beautiful card, it has a lovely Vintage feel to it with the soft muted colours.

And belated Happy Birthday to you.

B x

Anne said...

What a fabulous donation to McMillan and so much more useful than flowers. Your card is absolutely beautiful Irene, I love those butterflies. Hope you had a lovely birthday. Hugs x

Chrissie said...

Such a beautiful card Irene, those butterflies are stunning no wonder they're favourite at the moment.
Great news about the donation sweetie, I'm sure it will be such a help to them.
Hope you had a great meal with your children.
Chrissie xx

NickScrapShack said...

A very beautiful vintage card! Love the distressed edges and the pretty butterflies.

Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challlenge at Crafty Catz this week! Good luck!
Nick