Monday 10 September 2012

Golden Wedding Anniversary

**************************

A commission from my neighbour's mother for her sister and brother in law.

I'm off on holiday next week for two weeks and have tons to do before I go - yanno, like I***ing and H****work, uggg, as well as some cards, plus hospital appts with hubby.

I love this image and use it a lot for anniversary cards and this sure is a special one.







Paper is one of  Eva Kipler's designs. I fussy cut around the ornate frame, added the image and adhered it to another piece of DP matted on to gold mirri. The mat is fixed with one layer of foam tape and the image/frame with two layers to give a nice bit of dimension.


The gorgeous venise lace was a little extra in my parcel from Linda, Funky Junky's Zibbet shop - thank you Linda :)
I made a scroll with all the details and added flowers from WOC. These I painted with cheapo gold paint and Winsor & Newton iridescent medium


Challenges
The Pink Elephant  #165 - wedding anniversary
WOC #58 - layer it up
Everybody Art #203 - vintage


Thank you for stopping by and the lovely comments received on previous posts each and every one so much appreciated :)
Cheers me dears


x

8 comments:

Anne said...

Wow Irene, what a beauty and that lace is to die for! I'm sure this card will be treasured. Hugs x

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely stunningly gorgeous! LOVE the lace trim and the gorgeous image! You should check out this week's challenge at Make My Monday...I think it may be right up your alley! ;)

brenda said...

A stunning piece of work Irene, the lace image and colours all fuse together perfectly.

B x

Stephanie said...

Utterly beautiful - I'm sure they will bombard you with even more commissions now :) x

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous!! Love the beautiful Vintage design. Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant Challenge!!

Danni said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with The Pink Elephant Challenge!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is so gorgeous, fabulous colours too, thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this time hugs pops x x

Bev said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks so much for joining us at WOC this time x