Sunday 23 October 2011

70th Birthday Butterflies

**********************
Challenges
Flutterby Wednesday's #176 - open
The Corrosive Challenge #135 - flying things
Scrappy Frogs - something that flies
Crafts 4 Eternity #42 - use at least one metal embellishment
Crafty Catz #104 - birthday

A commissioned card for a 70th birthday.
The brief was....... a hexagon shape, yellow, flowers and butterflies.
I am pleased that I eventually accomplished the request, as yellow is not a colour I use often so it was a bit of a struggle and so was cutting a hexagon lol.

The digi papers are from For the Record and the goldy colour is an Eva Kipler design. The laser cut butterflies are part of a cupcake wrapper. The Nellie die cut is glamour dusted around the edge and the round sentiment attached with foam pads.
I am happy to use the lovely fleur de lis border again and finished off with a metal MeiFlower butterfly.








I made the sentiment in Serif PPx2 and love the embossed look.






A handmade stick pin and utee'd flower on top of crinoline, net and seam binding ribbon






I  used the same Eva Kipler paper, added the butterfly  and printed it lighter for the inside




Thank you for stopping by
Cheers me dears :-)


x

7 comments:

Beryl K said...

This is absolutely stunning Irene, I am sure it will be well received. Love it
Beryl x

Janette said...

Hi Irene, What a stunning card you have created, I think it's adorable, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftCatz this week.xx

pinky said...

Gorgeous card, love the shape. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Nancy said...

WOW...you rocked the yellow!! I love the laser cut butterflies!! Whoever receives this card will be amazed!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!

Carol said...

What an amazing card Irene - beautiful. I know where to nudge my friends to in a couple of years time.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Linda Palmer said...

This is a beautiful card, love the cutouts of the butterflies, and the beautiful stickpin. Your card is just stunning. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge Blog.

michele said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week! hugs x