Wednesday 2 November 2011

Sympathy

*********

Sadly one of many I have to make this week.

Our 36yr old nephew died on Saturday and our friend's son who is also our DD's close friend's husband died on Monday. Two young men in two days :-(

When I have to make one of these sad cards I often use this digi from Pink Petticoat - I love it's simplicity.

The bakers twine is from my gorgeous winnings from the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop, for winning a Charisma Cardz  Challenge back in Sept. Not only beautiful ribbons but some buttons and heart pins too - just yummy - thank you so much.




Getting out the stash and making cards can be so therapeutic when you're feeling sad.


 Challenges
Charisma Cardz #43 - anything goes
Paper Crafting Journey #22 - use a digi


Thank you for stopping by
Cheers me dears


x

5 comments:

Beryl K said...

A perfect card for such a sad occasion. Love the image
Beryl x

Chrissie said...

A stunning card Irene, I think the simple images often have the most impact.
I'm sorry to hear of this very sad news for your family, losing someone so young is always tragic.
lol Chrissie xx

Anne said...

So sorry you've had so much sad news recently, my thoughts are with you. As for the card, perfect! Hugs x

Sandra Wright. said...

The image is so delicate,perfect for such a sad occasion.A beautiful card Irene.

Sandie x

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Irene, what a beautiful card for such a sad occasion.
Thanks for playing along with Paper Crafting Journey!
Love, Laura PCJDT