Sunday, 6 November 2011

Parchment Lilies

****************

My very poor attempt with parchment. I really must try and get some tuition. There are some excellent online craft tutorials for lots of techniques, but I definitely need a hands on workshop for this parchment craft lark, lol.
I only have the minimum basic tools so that doesn't help, but if/when I improve I'll invest in some more.
The pattern I used was quite small so I had the brilliant idea of scanning it and enlarged it to A5 in my graphics programme - well, I'm pleased that worked :-)
I hope my friend doesn't look too closely to see what a bad job I made of this. I am not happy with it but gave it to her anyway 'cos it took ages and I was doing it especially for her.
The corner looked bare so I added a double organza bow and some stick on pearls to the flourishes.

Challenge
The Corrosive Challenge #136 - use a flourish
Dream Valley #19 - anything goes - 3rd entry
Papertake Weekly - anything goes





This one was less stressful.



And another similar to the one in a previous post






Thank you for stopping by.
Cheers me dears


x

6 comments:

Carol said...

Three lovely cards Irene. You're doing really well with your parching, it's beautiful. Carol x

Beryl K said...

Three great cards Irene, nothing wrong with my parchment, it's beautiful
Beryl x

Sandie said...

Your cards are always gorgeous Irene, your parchment skills look good to me.

Hugs Sandie x

Livert said...

Cute cards. Thanks for joining us at Dream Vallay challenges.

Liv

Sharon Caudle said...

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

craftytreen said...

this lavender parchment card is stunning. I have looked and looked and I cant find anything wrong with it. its one of my favorite cards. making it bigger on your computer was a stroke of genius. I have never heard of a parchment technique, I must look into that. thank you so much for sharing your work with us.