Wednesday 15 September 2010

70th Birthday Easel Card for a Soap Fan

I am pleased to be back home again after spending 8 days at my daughter's looking after two teenagers  and a pup. I was looking after her business as well but fortunately I wasn't too overwhelmed with orders as she had contacted many of her customers before she went away.

I had a request for a 70th birthday card for a lady who loves the 'soaps'. I was happy with the result and the lady who commissioned it was delighted. This is what it is all about, isn't it, making a completely unique card.
Or maybe there are cards for Corrie & Emmerdale fans, I rarely browse the card shops these days, lol




I found an image of an old postcard and digitally added the Rovers and E/dale village. I blurred the edges to blend the two together. I also made up the signpost. The scroll has been distressed and roughed up a bit :-)



Flowers - from Crafty Ann's digi shop
Leaves - 1" Woodware punch.
MS border punch
Flower centres coloured with copic pen
The papers are from digi collections but I can't remember which.

I'd like to enter this  in
Our Creative Corner challenge - Fun with Folds
The ABC Challenge - D is for.......Distressing

Thank you for stopping by and the comments you leave are greatly appreciated

x

4 comments:

Doreen said...

This is fabulous Irene, I am sure it will be well received.xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Irene the lady is gonna truly adore this card you have created something so special.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Cathy said...

Great easel card.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this time.
Cathy x

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.