Friday 5 March 2010

A bottle of fizz

Crafty Ann's Challenge 9 is to..." get out of your comfort zone and celebrate your creativity by trying a technique, product, fold or design you have been shying away from or haven't done or used as often as you'd like"

This did take me out of my comfort zone because the last time I used the Celebration template was for my daughter's 40th, 2yrs ago, and also because it is for a special occasion I didn't want to mess it up. The black mirri card marks so easily.
It seems much longer than 2yrs though....so many more cards 'under the bridge' since then
This one is for the daughter of a friend. I am happy to say she was very pleased with it when I gave it to her this evening....I hope her daughter will be too.



The base card is ivory pearlescent and the bottle is mirri card.
I had forgotten what a job it is to get anything to stick to pearly card and the bottle kept popping up at the side. I managed in the end by hatch scoring to give the DST some grip.
There is a little mountain of foam pads under the main part of the bottle to give it lift graduating down to two at the neck.





The number 40 is attached to a white wire spiral and the flowers were sprayed with my new Irridescent Gold glimmer mist. I am a bit disappointed with it...I expected it to be more obvious...it is a shame that it hardly shows. At £8/bottle it will get used though. I expect it is better used on darker materials.

Lexi's Creations challenge 8 this week is 'Anything Goes' so I'd like to enter this too.

Thank you for stopping by and for all the wonderful comments I have received on recent cards.

x

9 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow,wow,wow Irene this is a real corker (scuse the pun) lol...this is amazing I love it thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ann's

Hugs
Lorraine x

Ann Whitfield said...

This is absolutely stunning Irene and I'm not surprised that your friend was so thrilled with it. Thank you for taking on the challenge at Crafty Ann's - stepping outside your comfort zone has produced a fabulous result.
Ann x

Saskia said...

Great to see your work at Lexi's Creations! Thanks for joining us and... good luck!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Janette said...

Irene this card is stunning, just love it.
Janette

Tasha said...

Wowzer this is stunning! I love this card. Such an awesome idea too
love tasha xx

Beryl said...

Brilliant card Irene. You've made a fantastic job of the bottle and the spray of flowers are lovely.
Thank you for joining in Crafty Ann's Challenge.
Beryl xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Irene, what a gorgeous card. You must have been so proud of it.

Thank you for taking the time to enter this into the Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight. I was lucky enough to be a Guest Designer this month so I am looking at all the lovely creations and seeing how others interpreted the challenge.

Take care and my best wishes, Kym xxx

Chrissie said...

This looks gorgeous Irene, just perfect for a special card. The flowers make a beautiful finishing touch too.
Thanks for joining in with CACB.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is wonderful Irene! Thanks for joining us at CACB this time!