Friday 8 January 2010

New Year challenges

At last....I've managed to find a little enthusiasm to make a card.
For some unknown reason I've had no inclination whatsoever to get back to my 'favourite hobby' even though I'd treated myself to one or two new goodies including this Quickutz butterfly die.
One or two niggly problems re CB plates and my printer haven't helped either.

I liked the look of the challenge sketch at
Our Creative Corner... and as I needed a card for a friend this is the result.

The first Fussy and Fancy challenge is 'New' and my butterfly die is new so quite appropriate for this challenge too.

Over at Crafty Anne's the first challenge of the year is also 'New' so am putting this forward for that too.







Thank you for stopping by and for any comments you have time to leave...hope you'll be back soon :-)

x

14 comments:

Darsie Bruno said...

How sweet this is! I love the double butterfly technique! Looks just like it's flying! Thanks so much for joining us for the OCC Sketch Challenge!

Chrissie said...

How lovely to see you posting Irene, I've missed you so much!
Gorgeous card, love the papers and that butterfly is beautiful.
I hope this has broken your block and that we'll be seeing more from you from now on my friend.

Liz said...

Aww thats sweet love your new butterfly too Missed you we work ourselfs dry sometimes

liz xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Hun.

We all loose our mojo from time to time, me more than i want too..lol..
Love the butterflys, look like they are just going to fly off, just beautiful.
Hugs Angel

Rose said...

well so glad you found your mojo! this is so pretty and i luv the butterfly :) thanks for joining us on occ this week

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card Irene, I love these challenges because they give a little inspiration when you have none xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Irene I thought I had lost you lol...I was only thinking about you yesterday and because I have been messing about with the list of blogs I follow I thought I had deleted you...thank goodness I didn't. I am loving this card of your so much Irene that butterfly your design just perfect. I think we all go through these stages where motivation, inspiration and interest wanes but I have missed you.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Laurel said...

This is so pretty, thanks for playing!

Stampin Mindy said...

I love that butterfly. Beautiful layout and papers. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

Juanita said...

Beautiful! That butterfly is pretty, love the border punch and your layout.

Fussy and Fancy Girl Juanita

Ann Whitfield said...

It's so good to see you posting again Irene. Beautiful card - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

starcyl said...

Pretty little card Irene and just the thing to get you going again.

Thanks for joining in with CACB.

Jenny x

Beryl said...

That butterfly is gorgeous. A lovely card - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful--I love the butterfly! Thank you for joining our first challenge at Fussy and Fancy Friday!