Saturday 23 January 2010

Black and Gold

This is for my sister's birthday on Monday. I have some nice black cardstock with a finely ribbed finish and thought it about time I used it so I have done lots of gold embossing on it.


Crafty Ann's Challenge 6
is Embossing and this will be the second card I've entered.

The black top panel is edged with a fine peel-off border then layered onto gold mirri card with foam tape

I don't know what my sis will think of being given a black card but it does look rather nice...if I say so myself.
Unfortunately I haven't done a very good job with the photo...it does look nicer in real life....honest.




The double layer of the butterfly wings are shaped and held up nicely thanks to a generous blob of silicone.



I've added some bling on the tips of the antennae and down the b/fly's body.

The 'sister' sentiment oval took some doing....but I managed it by printing the word on to some cream pearly card and then quickly embossed it...cut around it and used it as a template on a piece of the black then cut around it with fancy scissors.
These two are layered together and fixed to the last one with foam pads.
The larger oval was printed on the reverse of some gold mirri card and edged with more of the fine peel-offs. I did actually cut it quite smoothly but the peel-offs match the top layer as well as hide any unevenness there might have been.






Thank you for stopping by...I love to read your comments...so 'thank you' if you have time to leave one.

x

7 comments:

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card Irene xxx

Ann Whitfield said...

WOW! I think your sister will be delighted to have such an elegant and stunning card Irene. Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Beryl K said...

Absolutely stunning Irene, a fabulous card. Your sister is going to be well pleased
Beryl x

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Irene this is a stunner very regal and elegant black and gold looks really fabulous together your sister will love this for sure, thank you for sharing this beauty with us at Crafty Ann's

Hugs
Lorraine x

Beryl said...

This is so luxurious and elegant.The black and gold is fab.
Beryl xx

starcyl said...

Now this is something special, your sister will love it.

Jenny x

starcyl said...

Now this is something special, your sister will love it.

Jenny x