Monday 6 August 2012

80th Birthday

************

This is for my son in law's Dad from him and my daughter.
I am working on two more, one  for the grandchildren and one from us.

Papers are by Summer Driggs
I printed the light patterned paper on card, cut a hole in it and added gold 'string' and adhered with foam tape. The flourish was not planned but I accidentally made a smear of gold pen so had to cover it with something, lol.
The three sentiment circles are made in Publisher and also stuck on with foam tape.







My cutting out of the circle was quite neat but I went around it with a fine peel off to finish it off.



Challenges
Crafty Sentiments - use numbers
Alphabet Challenge - for men only
Bearly Mine  #46 - anything goes
Come and Get It - adult birthday card- chosen as one of the Top 3 :)
Kaboodle #130 - birthday or special day - missed it!
Hooked on Crafts #23 - let's celebrate


Thank you for stopping by
Cheers me dears


x

6 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

What a lovely elegant card Irene...perfect for a gentleman.

Hugs
Sandie xx

Cazro said...

A beautiful monochromatic elegant card. I am sure the gentleman receiving this will be delighted. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge. Caz

Cards By MI said...

What a stunning card. Love the colour combo and classy design. Thank you for joining our anything goes challenge last week over at Bearly Mine Challenges. Running a bit late here, but better late than never...
Love n hugs
Marie

Meighan Wheller said...

Great card Irene. Love the way you have used the paper and cut the hole for the 80. Looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Come and Get It. Regards Meighan

Anonymous said...

This is a really nice card. i love the colours and your design. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us on Come and Get It this week.

brenda said...

Morning Irene

Thanks for you visit and kind words.

I will certainly let you know then next I am off to Coleman's, I am waiting for some Memory Box dies to arrive, so as soon as they let me know they are there I will tell you.

Have a lovely Sunday, oh nearly forgot to mention your card, very elegant and a great one for a guy.

B x