Saturday 17 March 2012

Mother's Day

************

This is for big g/son to give to DD.

I actually like how this turned out which is just as well as I faffed around for ages 'til I was satisfied.
Not the usual mother's day colours maybe but I love this swirly paper







I got the sparkly button from the local market.  I didn't want to put any thread through the holes so I covered them up with a couple of gems - you'd have to look very closely to see the join :)






Lots of foam tape/pads on these three layers.






Ingredients
Papers - Papermania Sunshine PP
Nellie frame - gold mirri
Other circles hand cut
Seam binding ribbon
Flowers - WOC
Punched leaves
Gems



Challenges
PTT #59 - monochromatic
Dream Valley #27 - mother's day
Crafts & Me #75 - let's see circles
FYI #26 - photo - inspired by the colours
Creative Inspirations #154 - something for Mum


Thank you for stopping by.
Cheers me dears


x

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow this is lovely such lovely colour palette Irene your mum wil love it well done
Hugs Elaine

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Irene, I love the colours. Carol x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A stunning Mothers Day card Irene - the colours are fabulous, and you have created a beautiful interpretation of this fortnight's FYI photo. Do join us again next time - Sylvia xx

Beryl K said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card Irene, love the colours
Beryl x

StephC said...

Lovely card! I like the bow. Thanks for sharing with us at FYI!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a wonderful take from the inspiration photo! That paper is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation hun! Thanks for playing at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

crafty amy said...

This is so pretty! I LOVE the layout and I bet there is a very happy Mum getting this one :D Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

P.S. Do you fancy a crafty get away? I am arranging one for October this year and there are still spaces. Click HERE for details

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a beatiful card. Your DD is going to love it.

Mona Evy said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Wedensdays Challenge.

Michelle said...

I love the swirly paper, too! Irene, this is such a pretty card. I bet g/son and DD both loved it. Thanks for joining us at FYI!

carefree creations said...

Such a pretty card! I love the leafy swirly paper. Thanks for joining us at FYI!

rudlis said...

Stunning design and gorgeous card! I love it! Thanks for joining us for the FYI! Hope to see you again.

Cheryl Walker said...

Love you Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon
hugs,
Cheryl

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

A Gorgeous Mother's Day card, the colors & design are wonderful. Cheers, Shirley