Thursday 15 April 2010

Bleached flowers

The April challenge at the Joanna Sheen forum is bleaching.
This is the second time I have used this technique.
It took 23 attempts to get a decent image!!! But I think the problem was that I've only got thick bleach and am sure the thin variety is what you should use. It also took all afternoon to get the card finished - in between entertaining grandson.

I'll let you into a little secret here - I stuck front on to the base card upside down, so as you look at this the opening is on the left.



The blossom stamp is from a JS oriental collection that I won in the monthly competition a few years ago.
I have 'doodled' (very badly) some stamens in the centre of the flowers on the stamped image with a silver pen - not sure it adds anything to this though.



The papers are leftovers. Some prima flowers coloured with a green copic marker and some green organza ribbon finish it off.

Thank you for stopping by and for all the encouraging comments left recently - they areall so very much appreciated.

x

3 comments:

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card Irene, your bleaching looks great the silver stamens look good. I think I read somewhere that you're supposed to use the very thin cheap bleach for this technique
Beryl x

Ann Whitfield said...

Bleaching isn't something I've tried yet Irene, but you've done a super job here. I take my hat off to your staying power - after 23 attempts you deserve success and this is definitely successful!
Ann x

Janette said...

Beautiful Irene, very elegant.
Janette