Thursday, 1 September 2011

Christening

***********
Made for the following challenges:

Wild Orchid #31 - tags
The Crafty Pad #136 - distressing and tearing
RRR #31 - I got you babe
Mojo Monday #206 - the sketch



I couldn't decide on the BP for this and then remembered the faux silk  technique - aka,  Sticking crumpled tissue paper on to paper/card stock lol.
An excellent decision I have to say :-) as I didn't want the BP to overpower the image.
I love the look of the 'faux silk' - must use it more often.


Big, squashy WO  rose sitting on muslin and net. Yes, only one, I know I'm mean lol.
There is a smidgen of glitter on the window, the pillow and dress  though you probably can't see it.


Some lovely seam binding ribbon at the top of the tag and a handmade sentiment circle


Other stuff
Lace from stash
Tag base - Pressed in Time paper from Raspberry Road
Left-over pink BP


I've updated my profile pic, in case you didn't notice, hahaha....the old one was sooo last year.
This one was taken at Knuston Hall open day when I went to see Kym on BH Monday with her charity stall.

Thanks for stopping by
Cheers me dears

x

10 comments:

Bev said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at WOC this week x

Beryl K said...

Just Beautiful Irene
Beryl x

Dawn said...

This is just perfect! I love it! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad in our distressing/tearing challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Irene, what a lovely card you have made here and I too love the backing paper you have designed. Oh what a lovely new photo!!! Take care, Kym xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous love this image, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at WOC this week hugs pops x x x

Carol said...

Love this Irene and your faux silk is gorgeous - must try that myself! Hope you enjoyed yourself on Monday - great piccy. Carol x

Lorraine said...

This is quite lovely. I love your faux silk. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Irene this is quite beautiful, the white and pink look gorgeous the lace, bow and flowers are perfect embellishments and that image is adorable.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Maggie's Crafts said...

Great creation!

Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.:)

Maggie
x

Chrissie said...

Another stunning creation Irene! That faux silk BP looks gorgeous and so does your lace.
Love the new photo sweetie (I'm trying to pluck up courage to update mine, but fear I may break the camera!)
lol Chrissie xx