Friday, 16 July 2010

21st Birthday

A Special Commission

It took nearly as long to choose the paper for this card as it did to make it.
I used the sketch over at Pocketful of Posies but didn't follow it closely enough to submit to the challenge.

The Wild Orchid challenge #1 - Say it with Flowers - is still open until Monday and as I love WO products and  there is such a generous prize,  I am hoping another entry is not being cheeky :-)

Caardvarks July challenge is to make a birthday card


You can see the crystal spray here and the thoroughly gorgeous seam binding ribbon from My Wedding Party - I so love this ribbon :-)
It is a coincidence that the BP I eventually chose is called Sophie, a very pretty design by Gypsy Chick from Scrap Artist


Of course a box was necessary for this special birthday card.
I kept it simple. The bow is made from a piece of tulle and I've added a flower and some of the silky strands that keep coming away from my cushion tassles...waste not etc :-)


Thank you for stopping by and for all the lovely comments you have been so kind to leave :-)

x

2 comments:

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

Beautiful card! I love the flowers, they are the perfect touch, so elegant.

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow this is gorgeous. I love the flowers with the bow, and the scallop border.

Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts.

Hugs, Mindy